In my art care package, I am sending a used parking permit for her dorm, a used Disneyland ticket, and a used concert ticket. I am sending it to my girlfriend, who is 20 years old and lives in Riverside, of two years. I decided to send the package to my girlfriend because she currently attends University of California, Riverside while I am attending California State University, Long Beach. In our current situations, we are too busy dealing with school, work, and family to see each other on a monthly basis. These items have sentimental value to us because we were both able to experience it in that moment of time together while being stress free and feeling nothing but happiness.
- Sending someone a care package is similar to sending someone a Snapchat because it sends one moment in time, which is the time that the photo or video is being captured to someone else. In this case, my items that I chose was only limited a certain moment of time, just like sending a Snapchat. In addition, it provides the thought that the individual who is capturing the moment is thinking of the receiver and is sending him either a photo or video of something that may pertain to that individual.
- Sending someone an ACP is different that sending a snapchat because with snapchat, it is so quick and convenient. For example you can simple just take a photo or video and send it to that individual within seconds. On the other hand, an art care package may take more time to assemble and if that individual lives far away, it make take couple of days or weeks before that individual would obtain it.
- I think of ephemera as something that is very precious to the both of us and gains value over time. It is precious because both of us are able to experience and recall memories of that certain event. Although it is just pieces of paper, it has meaning to us because when we grow older and as time progresses, we are both able to reminisce and talk about it.
- Despite the quantity of the audience between the two choices, I believe that there is a difference. Art seen by many people may be less value because everyone is able to observe it and is for the common eye. However, for the art care package, it is only available to a small audience and it makes it much more explicit and may be more meaningful.
- In my opinion, the time and effort has a lot more meaning of creating and sending an art care package far outweighs the meaning of a snapchat. In our current generation, Snapchat has been very common among individuals. As time progresses, sending out personal mail and mailing things in general is slowly declining. As a result, sending someone an art care package is much more meaningful because it requires much more time and effort as compared to using Snapchat. Faster can be better because the thought and expression that is used on Snapchat is within seconds and that individual is able to see it. On the other hand slower can be better at times because sometime we forget about sending it and weeks later when they receive it and hopefully message you back some how, it makes individuals, like me, shocked and happy because we totally forgot about it.
- Yes. The ACP incorporates more “love” than the “love” provided on Snapchat. I remember hearing someone say that things that are made with love require much more time and effort. In this case, it is true because it requires much more time to do an ACP rather than a Snapchat and that effort and time, in my opinion, means that more love is being expressed.